Posted on: May 20, 2023
Now offering a $2,000 sign on bonusPURPOSE AND SCOPE:The Billing
Representative provides administrative support in the billing and
collections function.-- The incumbent in this role performs
activities which include, but are not limited to: obtaining and
verifying insurance coverage and eligibility, creating billing
reports, resolving credit issues, and coordinating with vendors on
the collection of payments.-- The Billing Representative provides
outstanding customer service to patients and vendors through timely
and effective preparation and process of high-volume billing,
account reconciliation, payables and specialty reports.PRINCIPAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain various confidential patient, employee and company
information in compliance with company policies and procedures,
HIPAA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and process billing and collections information;
ensuring reconciliation and verification of all necessary
- Analyze and reconcile applicable data within the assigned
- Provide professional and efficient customer service through the
investigation and resolution of outstanding issues.
- May generate reports on a routine basis; ensuring data
reconciliation between associated systems.
- May perform patient insurance and demographic verification as
- May perform validation and quality control of applicable
systems as necessary.
- May maintain applicable accounting and/or patient files in
compliance with company policies and procedures, HIPAA, and other
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct
- Other duties as assigned.Additional responsibilities may
include focus on one or more departments or locations.-- See
applicable addendum for department or location specific
functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.-- Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- This is a largely sedentary role; frequent sitting, writing,
typing, grasping and speaking. There will be occasional standing,
walking, reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and carrying.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy, fax and scanner
machine and the phone.--EDUCATION:High School Diploma
requiredEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS: --
- 1 - 2 years' related experience.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of word
processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with great
time-management and multitasking skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and
alternately work cohesively within a team environment.
- Creative problem-solver with an attention to detail and good
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive relationships
with customers and vendors through exemplary customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.EO/AA Employer:
Identity--Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius, Southaven , Billing Rep, Accounting, Auditing , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...