DC General Manager
Company: Advance Auto Parts
Posted on: April 3, 2021
DC General Manager in Southaven, MS at Advance Auto Parts At
Advance Auto Parts we have a passion for YES. Each day we are
motivated by a passion to help our Customers. We have a commitment
to advance the lives of our fellow Team Members, Customers, and the
Communities where we live and work. When you join our team, you
become one of more of over 70,000 knowledgeable and experienced
Team Members who are committed to providing outstanding customer
service to our customers, communities and each other every day.
With over 5,100 stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico
and Virgin Islands, we are a leading automotive aftermarket parts
provider. With opportunities ranging from our front lines in our
Stores to our Distribution Centers to our Corporate Support Center
and our rapidly growing Professional Business, we have the career
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any
other federal, state or local protected class. Career
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain an environment where teammates develop
their maximum potential; through timely assessments of performance;
identification of skill development needs and development
- Plan, direct, and schedule the work of warehouse team members
- Enforce all company work and safety rules. Responsible for the
sanitation and cleanliness of the facility.
- Ensure that customer issues are handled promptly and assists
other departments with any issues they may have. Communicate
changes to customer base.
- Approve all credits and ensure proper pricing, costing and
- Review production reports and communicate results to
distribution center team members and senior leadership.
- Protect the company assets by enacting adequate security
- Implement maintenance and repairs on equipment and the physical
- Manage expenses and payroll against budget.
- Responsible for budget expenses and payroll.
- Negotiate and administer labor contract (if present in
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Progressive distribution center management experience and
demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and motivational
skills, as well as the ability to be an enthusiastic leader for all
levels across the organization.
- Able to use various computer applications such as Microsoft
Office Excel & Word, Outlook, Oracle, and Kronos.
- Must be very knowledgeable about DOT and OSHA regulations and
human resource policies and procedures.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for inventory control, fleet
and driver management, loss prevention, quality control,
productivity management, and human resource policies and
proceduresEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree required; and seven to ten years of related
senior leadership experience in Supply Chain/Distribution
Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Almost 6 direct reports. Total reports include more than 80
Keywords: Advance Auto Parts, Southaven , DC General Manager, Executive , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!