Center Director SBDC North Mississippi (Southaven, MS
Company: UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Center Director SBDC North Mississippi (Southaven, MS) Location:
Southaven, MS, US, 38671 Department: Small Business Development
Center (10000909) Employee Designation: Regular Full-time (Benefits
Eligible) This public service position is responsible for
delivering programs to individuals, businesses, communities, and
organizations in an assigned geographic territory. The incumbent
directs, manages, and markets a business and educational services
program for small businesses, while also managing performance and
operations activities of multiple Small Business Development
Centers and assigned employees. Multi-county and occasional
statewide travel is required. Examples of Work Performed
- Provides individual instruction and educational support to
entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Analyze situations, make recommendations, and educate clients
with regard to business plans, market feasibility, financial
viability, operations management, and legal structures, as well as
other MSBDC topics.
- Maintains an appropriate level and mix of clients as noted by
annual goals and strategic plan objectives.
- Develops and delivesr high-quality business training programs
that are responsive to the needs of the business community served,
provide value to the host institution, and yield impactful
- Develops and deploys action plans and marketing plans that
align with the organizational strategic plan for the center, tailor
to meeting the specific small business needs within the assigned
geography, and capitalize on the skills of center personnel.
- Disseminates pertinent information to the business community
and host via various media outlets to promote services and
highlight work of the center.
- Determines workshop topics, agendas, instructors, instructional
materials, location, time, and other resources required. Generates
curricula for business programs, seminars, conferences, etc. for
local business interests.
- Maintains a broad base of business knowledge.
- Devlops specific and relevant areas of expertise for business
development that contribute the overall program and align with the
network strategic plan.
- Directs clients to external sources of business information and
assistance, as needed.
- Serves as an advocate of business development, expansion,
retention and referrals in the service area as a visible leader in
the local business community and with local stakeholders.
- Ensures that organizational goals and objectives for the center
are accomplished in a timely and thorough manner.
- Prepares and executes individual work plans, including
professional development initiatives, which align with network
- Applies knowledge through the development and delivery of new
training programs, consulting tools, research projects,
co-consulting, and/or other impact measures.
- Supports organizational improvement efforts through active
involvement with internal committees, special projects, center
reviews and various assessments as directed by the state
- Develops and executes plans to meet special project goals.
- Participates in the development and execution of sponsorship
acquisition strategies in support of area office and state
- Documents activities via electronic information system in a
timely, accurate, and comprehensive manner.
- Maintains client and continuing education files as per SBA and
- Prepares Semi-Annual and Annual Reports for submission to the
- Ensures that high impact success stories are available upon
request and submitsSBA award nomination packages for clients who
meet the criteria.
- Serves as a guide and mentor to business counselors and support
- Leads and supports professional development activities for the
assigned local office staff and statewide staff, as requested.
- Represents the SBDC State Office, when required.
- Assists in the continued development, implementation, and
updating of the organization's strategic plan.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
Essential Functions These essential functions include, but are not
limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be
identified and included by the hiring department.
- Recruits and supervises counselors and staff to provide
business services to a large service area.
- Budgets resources and reviews expenditures.
- Markets the business and educational services program in large
assigned service area.
- Plans, composes, and conducts training seminars for small
business owners and counsels and advises small business
- Determines goals and objectives for the department.
Master's Degree in business administration or a related field from
an accredited four-year college or university. AND
Four (4) years of business management experience related to the
above described duties. Substitution Statement:
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources. To learn
more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This
link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary
may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental
budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives,
researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges. EEO
Statement The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity
in any employment practice, education program, or education
activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all
applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action
and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, or genetic information. The University of Mississippi is
committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts
background investigations for applicants being considered for
employment. Background investigations include a criminal history
record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or
driving history check.
Keywords: UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI, Southaven , Center Director SBDC North Mississippi (Southaven, MS, Executive , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!