HR Manager (Southaven, MS)
Company: Medline Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
**THIS ROLE IS BASED OUT OF THE SOUTHAVEN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
AND ALSO SUPPORTS/TRAVELS TO THE COVINGTON, LA DC** JOB SUMMARY
Manage and administer all human resources activities such as
employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and
employee services in the assigned division. Facilitate
implementation of the organization's human resource strategy so
that the organization attracts, manages, develops and retains the
employees it needs to achieve its current and future business
objectives. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead implementation of people-related services, policies, and
programs. Assist and advise local managers on Human Resources
- Coach employees and managers on correct interpretation and
administration of Company HR policy. Assist management in
maintaining positive employee relations.
- Assess the internal employee climate, counsel with managers to
identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive
employee relations environment. Represent the company, when needed,
at unemployment hearings.
- Recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures;
prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Support employee recruitment, selection and retention through:
conducting new-employee orientations; monitoring career-pathing
program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and
- Work with local managers to determine training needs. Compile
data and analyze past and current year training requirements.
Recommend training programs and utilization to support employee and
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and follow-up to
foster positive attitude toward company policies. Work with
managers to develop proactive training plans that prepare employees
to meet current and future business objectives.
- Ensure internal consistency and worth in administering job
evaluations and compensation programs. Compose new and revised job
profiles and recommend evaluations. Assist local managers with
salary and wage administration to ensure pay consistency and
- Assist managers with current issues with Worker%26rsquo;s
Compensation policies and procedures. Take lead role in ensuring
that employees are returned to work as soon as possible. Monitor
any and all restricted duty assignments. Review each claim to
determine if corrective action is required.
- Management responsibilities include: --Typically oversees
professional employees/teams OR typically manages non-professional
employees through Supervisors in manufacturing, distribution or
office environments --Day-to-day operations of a group of
employees. --May have limited budgetary responsibility and usually
contributes to budgetary impact; --Interpret and execute policies
for departments/projects and develops. --Recommend and implement
new policies or modifications to existing policies. --Provide
general guidelines and parameters for staff functioning. --Hiring
staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews,
training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs,
assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring
consistent application of organizational policies. COVID-19
Vaccination Please be aware that Medline requires all employees
starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This position will require the successful candidate to provide
proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline
is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable
accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated
for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree. Work Experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Human Resources positions.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Experience applying thorough knowledge of human resource
policies and procedures as well as federal and state laws.
- Experience reviewing and reconnecting on actions and with
people to ensure the completion of the task.
- Experience controlling and coordinating concurrent projects,
competing priorities and critical deadlines.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various
audience levels within an organization.
- Position may require travel up to 25% of the time for business
purposes (within state and out of state). PREFERRED JOB
- PHR or SPHR.
- Experience managing people, including hiring, developing,
motivating and directing people as they work.
Keywords: Medline Industries, Inc., Southaven , HR Manager (Southaven, MS), Executive , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!