Company: Vertava Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Supervisor opening in Southaven, Mississippi. This and other
nursing administrator jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national
behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use
disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the
individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and
recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at
every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and
amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission
accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a
virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare
providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so
that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Nursing
Supervisor who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what
it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a Nursing Supervisor at Vertava Health, you will work closely
with the Director of Nursing to develop and oversee a team of RNs,
LPNs, and Medical Health Technicians. You will ensure that the
daily nursing care at your campus meets the highest standards of
compassionate, evidenced-based care for adult patients with
substance use disorders.
You should plan to flex your schedule to allow for regular direct
supervision of all teams and shifts. While you will not carry a
caseload of patients, you should be available to cover breaks and
absences, and to respond to unforeseen needs within the department
as they arise.
The ideal candidate for this position has extensive experience in
addiction and mental health nursing, outstanding organizational and
communication skills, and strong leadership potential.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Precept and mentor new staff and provide support and guidance
to all team members
- Maintain and adjust a staffing schedule that addresses callouts
and fluctuations in census
- Provide ongoing coaching, biweekly supervision, and corrective
actions as needed with direct reports
- Provide training and competency checks for new or revised
policies and practices
- Conduct mock emergency codes to gauge preparedness
- Audit documentation to ensure alignment with all applicable
legal, ethical, and regulatory standards
- Foster a culture of collaboration, communication, positive
energy, and compassionate support for patients, peers, and
Collaboration and Communication
- Partner closely with Director of Nursing, MDs, PAs, NPs, and
- Work with multidisciplinary treatment teams
- Communicate with other departments and units to ensure
continuity of care
- Serve as a liaison to patient families as appropriate
- Seek guidance from leadership and receive regular
Education (learning and teaching)
- Remain current with all required trainings, certifications, and
- Enforce company-established policies and procedures, and
maintain adherence to established nursing skills and practice
according to licensure
- Provide patient education related to addiction and treatment
including: disease process, withdrawal, medications, and
- Provide appropriate education on specific relevant topics to
staff, patients, families, community members, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing
- Current RN licensure in state of employment
- 2 years' experience in addictions nursing and/or behavioral
health nursing required
- Leadership experience preferred
- Flexibility and aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Positive energy : )
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear
continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach continually. Ability
to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents,
and operate copy and fax machine.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled.
Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: Vertava Health, Southaven , Nursing Supervisor, Healthcare , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!