Technologist-Medical - DC Path Blood Bank BMH Desoto
Company: Baptist Memorial Health
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Utilizes laboratory skills to perform and report results of clearly defined laboratory procedures assuring optimal patient outcomes. Responsible for assigned shifts and subject to overtime and call back as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Receives, identifies, organizes, and prioritizes specimen to ensure accurate and timely test processing.
* Performs and reports requested laboratory procedures.
* Performs quality control, proficiency testing, routine instrument maintenance and inventory control.
* Evaluates positive patient identification to reduce analytical and post-analytical error and/or adverse patient outcomes.
* Assesses, evaluates and draws appropriate conclusions.
* Supports life long learning.
* Completes assigned goals.
*Requirements, Preferences and Experience*
Minimum: State Licensure and/or National registration or certification in concordance with current Federal and/or State Regulations.
Preferred: Hospital experience preferred.
Minimum: No experience necessary, but must have completed accredited MT program.
*Licensure, Registration, Certification*
Minimum: Basic computer literacy
*About Baptist Memorial Health Care*
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
*At Baptist, We Offer:*
* Competitive salaries
* Paid vacation/time off
* Continuing education opportunities
* Generous retirement plan
* Health insurance, including dental and vision
* Sick leave
* Service awards
* Free parking
* Short-term disability
* Life insurance
* Health care and dependent care spending accounts
* Education assistance/continuing education
* Employee referral program
Position: 2178 - Technologist-Medical
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: DC Path Blood Bank BMH Desoto
Category: Laboratory & Pathology
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area
Job Type: Full-time%56316946% %%medtech%%
Keywords: Baptist Memorial Health, Southaven , Technologist-Medical - DC Path Blood Bank BMH Desoto, Healthcare , Southaven, Mississippi
here to apply!