Day Shift - Distribution Center Associate - $18.30 up to $19.30/hr
Company: W.W. Grainger, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of
maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related
products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and
institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety
gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with
services like inventory management and technical support. These
customers represent a broad collection of industries including
commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place
orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives,
over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers
provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in
Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Performs tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment
of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral
and attendance expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses
established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to
complete transactions related to inbound and outbound processes
with a distribution center
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established
processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance
expectations for productivity, quality, safety and attendance.
* Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading,
put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing,
auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
* Complies with Grainger policies, guidelines and procedures as
well as state and federal regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Material
requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product.
* Performs necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a
clean, safe, organized work environment.
* Actively participates in process improvements by utilizing
Grainger's quality system.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
* Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat,
cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment.
* Able to meet productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
requirements, including overtime as required.
* Able to do continuous lifting up to 75 pounds and be able to
operate warehouse vehicles and material handling equipment.
* Operate PIE as required. PIE equipment could include Crown,
Pacer, Reach Truck, Order Picker, Barrett and Turret Truck.
* Must be able to work at various elevated stations throughout the
* Able to operate computerized scanning equipment.
* Able to work in a team environment.
Preferred Education & Experience:
* Must have a minimum of 6-12 months warehouse or related
Work Environment: This position reports directly to a Distribution
Center Supervisor and/or Process Manager, and has regular
interaction with other associates.
Impact: The efficiency and effectiveness of this position directly
impacts customer satisfaction and profitability. Position must
operate in compliance with OSHA and Hazardous Materials
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: W.W. Grainger, Inc., Southaven , Day Shift - Distribution Center Associate - $18.30 up to $19.30/hr, Human Resources , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!