LPN Patient Care Manager Assistant (Home Health)
Company: LHC Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 2, 2021
LPN Patient Care Manager Assistant
The Home Health LPN Patient Care Manager Assistant is responsible
for assisting the Patient Care Manager in coordinating a team of
staff to assure the continuity of high quality care to home health
patients assigned to the team's area. This includes ensuring all
team staff are skilled and informed and that they are committed to
providing quality care in an efficient manner in accordance with
physician's orders and State/Medicare guidelines.
Baptist HomeCare, a part of LHC Group, is the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all
about helping people.
- Assists with phone calls from field staff, physician offices,
referral sources, patients, and takes messages and orders as
- Frequently monitors the status of incoming faxes and reports
information to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates communication and faxes applicable documents to
- Monitors status of pending labs, facilitates needed follow-up
and communicate results to physicians and other personnel, as
- Monitors status of patients in the hospital to ensure adequate
- Assist the Patient Care Manager with managing various software
system reports for the effective care coordination and utilization
management that promotes positive patient outcomes (for example but
not limited to, therapy utilization, client no visit, missing TIF
OASIS, agent visit time, missed visit, rescheduled visits, aide
visits no care plan reports)
- Assist Patient Care Manager in payer source authorizations, as
- Performs any required follow-up in response to health check
call or tele-monitoring alerts ensuring adequate communicate to
team members, as applicable
- Prepares patient list and necessary documents for weekly case
- Provides direct patient care, as necessary, in accordance to
scope of practice, plan or care and physician orders, and in
coordination with other members of the health care team. May not
alter the plan of care
- Completes LHC required learning courses, additional assignments
per Executive Director request, as well as any state specific
required training per state regulation/practice act
- Assist Patient Care Manager, when requested, in clinician
documentation review/audits to ensure complete, appropriate, and
accurate submission of all documentation by field staff
- Adheres to and participates in the agency's Episode Management
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current LPN licensure in state of practice Current Drivers
License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
its all about helping people, and we live by those words today. Its
our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to
patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to
fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family,
youre choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both
personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping
people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder,
helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We
do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we
exist. Its our purpose.
Keywords: LHC Group, Inc., Southaven , LPN Patient Care Manager Assistant (Home Health), Other , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!