Accounts Payable Clerk
Company: Waste Pro
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Accounts Payable Clerk
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing accounts
payable transactions including but not limited to invoices,
purchase orders and purchase order logs, month end accruals, vendor
maintenance, credit memos and stop payments in a manner that
ensures timely and accurate payments and monthly financial
1. Responsible for maintaining purchase order logs or systems and
coordinating proper purchase order approvals.
2. Assist maintenance personnel with utilization of their software
that tracks purchase orders, purchases, expenses, etc. and the
transferring of that data into the general ledger/AP system.
3. Process invoices by reviewing, verifying the coding and
approvals, reconciling to purchase orders and entering properly
approved invoices into the AP system.
4. Reconcile vendor statements to ensure all invoices are received
and processed for payment.
5. Research and resolve problems or errors by reconciling invoice
discrepancies with vendors and within the AP system.
6. Responsible for maintaining good relations with the vendors.
7. On a regular basis, assist Regional AP clerk in reconciling the
invoices, purchase orders and operational systems in regards to
specific, large expenses, i.e. disposal costs, fuel, etc.
8. Assist the Regional AP Clerk in calculating the monthly accounts
9. Provide clerical, administrative and operational support by
performing other functions including but not limited to accounting
support, operations, customer service and customer service
*Essential Functions-The statements above are intended only to
describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed
as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
1.Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or
combination of coursework and experience indicating required
accounting and accounts payable knowledge.
2. 2 - 4 years Accounts Payable experience. Must be able to show
and communication knowledge and understanding of AP accruals.
3. Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and PowerPoint.
4. Applied familiarity with financial/accounting software
packages/systems (e.g. DSL-Solomon, Dossier, Tower, SAP, Great
Plains, PeopleSoft, Ceridian).
5. Committed to continuous improvement of quality, quantity and
timely project delivery.
6. Oral and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Waste Pro, Southaven , Accounts Payable Clerk, Other , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!