Personal Care Assistant (PCA)/ CNA
Company: Open Arms Health Care Agency
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are looking for a competent personal care assistant to
support physically or mentally challenged customers in their
everyday lives. The fulfilment and satisfaction that comes with
helping others surpasses the challenges of this job. If you're a
compassionate, positive person who isn't afraid to work hard, then
this is a job for you. We expect you to be polite and a good
communicator. Experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for the
elderly or sick will make you a strong candidate.
*GERNERAL DESCRIPITION: * Staff are categorized into personal care
and light home management tasks that follow the Plan of Care. A
staff may preform both personal care and home management.
*SPECIFIC DUTIES: *
* Provide ADL assistance
* Provide personal hygiene care (shaving, mouth/denture care,
grooming hair-shampooing, combing, oiling scalp)
* Assist with bathing/bed bath and showering
* Assist clients with shopping and running errands
* Help with dressing
* Help with toileting-bed pan, commode/chair, urinal (always empty
* Remind waiver clients to take medication
* Help with eating
* Finger and nail care *(NO CUTTING)*
* Provide light housekeeping (laundry, mopping, sweeping, ironing,
and dusting etc.)
* Prepare and serve meals
* Purchase and store groceries
* Prepare shopping list
* Assure that rooms are clean and in order
* Clean and operate appliances (stove, vacuum cleaner,
refrigerator, washer, dryer, etc.)
* Change linen and make bed
* Make sure common area are clean by end of shift (kitchen and
* Proven experience as personal care assistant
* Committed to health & safety
* Able to do homemaker and personal care
* Well-organized and reliable
* Excellent communication and people skills
* Positive and compassionate attitude
* Strong ethics
* Physical stamina
* High school diploma or equivalent
* A valid driver's license
*JOB QUALIFICATIONS: *
* Must be able to pass a Criminal Background check.
* First Aid certified
* CPR certified
* All employees must be at least *18* years of age.
* Must be able to read and write.
* Must have a High School Diploma or a GED.
* Must be able to perform basic skills.
* All employees must provide Agency with Proof of Insurance.
* *NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED*
* *Arc of Mississippi (will put into system if you do not have
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $12.00 - $13.00 per hour
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
All staff is required to wear a mask at all times.
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
* 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Open Arms Health Care Agency, Southaven , Personal Care Assistant (PCA)/ CNA, Other , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!