Medical Office Assistant - Bilingual Spanish/English $20/hr
Company: Vaco Staffing
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Vaco Memphis is looking to hire a Medical Office Assistant for a
Medical Office in Southaven, MS. This opportunity requires someone
that is bilingual (Spanish and English) speaking. The ideal
candidate will have a least 3 years of experience with multi-line
phone systems, electronic health records/scheduling programs and
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them, in person or
on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and exam room
utilization by efficiently scheduling appointments.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by verifying patient
insurance benefits and eligibility prior to the appointment;
reminding patients of their appointment the day before; registering
and checking in patients in a timely manner; preparing necessary
documents for the visit; notifying provider of patients' late
arrival; rescheduling or moving late arriving patients when
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and
retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and
updating patient demographics and insurance information in the
electronic health records system.
- Maintains accurate financial records by updating patient
financial information; recording and collecting patient charges;
providing patients with receipts for payments.
- Encourages patient compliance with preventive care by reaching
out to patients and reminding them when they are due for preventive
exams and screenings.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of
personal and financial information per HIPAA regulations.
- Understands and complies with OSHA and any other regulatory
- Maintains operations by following FOFHC policies and
procedures.Skills and Qualifications:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is required
- Medical Assistant either by education or experience
- Knowledgeable of Managed Care policies and procedures and is
familiar with obtaining information from health plans and IPAs
- Excellent verbal, telephone and communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and possesses strong
Keywords: Vaco Staffing, Southaven , Medical Office Assistant - Bilingual Spanish/English $20/hr, Other , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!