Company: Core Civic
Posted on: February 10, 2024
$17.00 per hour
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service,
high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better
the public good. We are currently seeking a Recreation Coordinator
who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting.Come join a team that is dedicated to
making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Recreation Coordinator assists in the planning and supervision
of the recreational program for the facility. They coordinate and
supervise daily recreational and leisure activities, to include but
not limited to, athletic games, print shop, craft shop or other
hobby programs for inmates/residents.
- Assist in the supervision of the overall recreational program
for the facility, to include supervising inmates/residents in
support of the facility security plan.
- Coordinate and supervise daily recreational and leisure
activities in accordance with building schedule, to include but not
limited to, athletic games, print shop, craft shop or other hobby
- Maintain and conduct physical inventories of supplies, tools
and equipment to avoid waste, loss and damage.
- Order replacement items in a timely manner, within the
guidelines of facility purchasing procedures. Arrange for the
proper equipment and facilities to be available in designated areas
of the facility as required.
- Maintain and monitor the safety and sanitation of recreational
- Prepare and disseminate reports, including safety and accident
reports, statistical reports, and other documents as required by
policy; takes appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual
incidents and emergencies.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Sixty (60) credit hours of college coursework in Recreational
Management, Kinesiology, Physical Education or an acceptable
related field is required.
- One year of experience in the supervision of recreation or
leisure activities is required.
- Acceptable related recreation experience may be substituted for
the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- D emonstrate ability to supervise a recreation program and
communicate clearly with participants and staff.
- Experience with custody and control of inmates/residents
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: Core Civic, Southaven , Recreation Coordinator, Other , Tutwiler, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!