Company: Pafford EMS
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Provides basic medical care to the level of Emergency Medical
Responder including medical evaluation, treatment and stabilization
of the critically ill and injured; responds to emergency rescue
situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury;
maintains control, manages and directs patient care at the scene of
a pre-hospital emergency; provides training and instruction to
lesser trained personnel; performs other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and directs fast, efficient Basic Life Support to the
ill and injured utilizing all basic and abilities and techniques,
including but not limited to the placement of airway adjuncts, and
AED use including defibrillation;
- Recognizes and understands a medical emergency and makes
reasonable and acceptable differential diagnosis;
- Performs critical physical examinations;
- Understands and anticipates potentially life-threatening
presentation of non-cardiac emergencies and institutes appropriate
emergency therapy where essential for the preservation of life;
- Deals with medical and emotional needs of any victim of acute
illness or injury with the goal of reducing mortality and
- Responsible for managing and directing all first responders at
the scene of a medical emergency;
- Responsible for quality patient-care as established by the
- Files standardized reports of patient information and care for
the use of receiving hospital and administration, including nature
of request for aid, pertinent past history, therapy provided
diagnosis, disposition and sufficient patient information for
- Transports the ill and injured to institutions of medical
- Operates emergency vehicles in a safe manner under all
- Cleans and maintains equipment;
- Properly completes medical information forms for administrative
- Maintains strict compliance with all Pafford Policies &
- Maintains strict compliance with all rules and regulations set
forth by the state and federal programs.
- May perform related duties or task as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Required, Associates Degree or
advanced degree preferred
- Must possess and maintain unrestricted EMR Certification
- Must possess and maintain CPR for the Health Care Provider
(AHA, ASHI, ECSI)
- Must possess and maintain unrestricted state driver's
- Certification in ICS 100 & 200; 300 & 400 preferred but not
- Certification in FEMA IS-800;
- Must possess NIMS 700.
- Must have completed CEVO or EVOC upon date of hire
- Proficient knowledge of the street systems, addresses and
physical layout of the area, and of the rescue equipment and the
emergency medical equipment used on the ambulance.
- Ability to perform technical medical skills with a high degree
- Ability to understand and effectively deals with emotional and
medical needs of victims of injuries, acute illnesses, or
- Ability to maintain a professional and objective approach to
the care of ill or injured persons;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 150 lbs.
- Work may require sitting, near vision use for reading, computer
use and technical procedures, lifting, stooping, bending,
stretching, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and
other physical exertion.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly in person, on
two-way radios and telephone.
- Must possess visual acuity to operate a computer terminal,
operate a motor vehicle (day and night), and read.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to
this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of
personnel so classified.
Keywords: Pafford EMS, Southaven , EMR, Other , Marks, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!