Posted on: November 13, 2020
This position is responsible for performing to standard
(productivity, quality, safety, attendance etc.) in receiving and
storing products within a distribution center environment.
* Unloads freight trucks delivering merchandise to the DC; counts
pieces/packages/pallets; and signs Bill of Lading according to
* Compares items to vendor packing slip/customer return
note/transfer document; receives-in products, ensuring correctness
of items by size, color, quantity, etc.
* Accurately inputs items received into computer system using RF
scanners according to Purchase Order, Return Note, or Transfer
document. Files completed documents and communicates discrepancies
to appropriate individuals, which may include: Accounts Payable,
Procurement, Vendor, and other DC facilities.
* Accurately and timely puts-away products received into
appropriate stock areas within the DC using RF scanners to
facilitate customer order filling. Checks dating for proper
rotation of stock.
* Ensures new items received are assigned correct bin numbers and
creates new bin locations when necessary.
* Provides timely response to inquiries from AP and Procurement
regarding orders received to resolve any outstanding issues per
* Checks put-away carts and RECVIT to ensure all items are put away
by the end of the day.
* Cleans and maintains the receiving area and equipment.
* Assists in pulling or packing orders in a timely, accurate, and
efficient manner when workload dictates.
* Operates and maintains certification for material handling
equipment such as forklifts and pallet-jacks, as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of one year experience in warehouse or production
environment; prior experience in receiving preferred
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
* Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and meet
* Experience with data entry on a PC
* Must demonstrate attention to detail
* Ability to work well with others and thrive in a fast-paced team
* Must be flexible to work overtime hours as needed
* Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) scanners preferred
* Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word preferred
* Proficiency in operation of computerized manifesting systems
* Experience and knowledge in distribution processes (receiving,
shipping, and inventory control) desired
* Ability to lift and transport 30 pounds on a regular basis and up
to 50-70 pounds on an occasional basis
* Must be able to stand and/or walk on concrete for the duration of
the shift and complete tasks that include bending, stooping, and
* Ability to meet attendance and punctuality standards
* Ability to operate or willingness to learn material handling
equipment (order pickers, reach trucks, forklifts)
* Forklift Certification preferred; ability to become forklift
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits
package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k)
with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and
AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. .
Keywords: Covetrus, Southaven , Receiver, Professions , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!