Material Handler I
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: January 7, 2022
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
To ensure the proper receiving and delivery of specimens and goods
to and from the laboratory and keep the loading dock and warehouse
area organized and clean.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision, acquires job skills and learns company
policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. (Has little or
no knowledge of the job.)
* Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring
limited judgment. Has little or no role in decision-making. Errors
can be made easily and quickly detected and result in only minor
disruption to correct.
* Contacts are primarily within the immediate work unit. Contacts
involve obtaining or providing information requiring little
explanation or interpretation.
* Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
* May refer to A2 and A3 for assistance with day-to-day problems
that may arise.
* Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed
* Follow all safety rules and guidelines.
* Pick customer orders from pre-printed packing lists to be shipped
to Spectra clients and courier bases.
* Pack, label, and prepare orders for shipment.
* Process orders via Courier, Common Carrier, UPS, Fed-X, etc.
* Load and unload trucks.
* Receives and stocks incoming product.
* Process and maintain accurate receiving documentation on inbound
shipments, and associated receiving duties.
* Receive and process customer return of centrifuges and other
* Distribute packages and overnight letters for the King Road
* Operates all material handling equipment (including forklifts,
electric and manual pallet jacks, hand trucks).
* Maintain a clean, neat, safe work area (i.e. sweeping, emptying
trash, general cleanup).
* Assist in Physical Inventory as scheduled.
* Distribute internal orders when requested by Spectra
* Other duties as assigned
* Assist with various projects as assigned by direct
* Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to work evening hours if needed, lift over 20 lb
High School diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* 0 - 1 year's related experience.
* Basic PC skills, SAP welcome.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Southaven , Material Handler I, Professions , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!