Quality Material Handler -Day Shift, Southaven, MS
Company: Medline Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: QC Material Handler is responsible for assessment,
physical processing, and tracking of all inbound damaged finished
goods at their assigned Distribution Center. This position also
serves to assist and back up the QC Inspector workload as needed.
QC Material Handler will routinely be involved in making decisions
related to product integrity as well as utilizing computer software
for data entry, research, and business communications. MAJOR
- Place product on hold in Catalyst system as well as completing
releases when appropriate. Quarantine tagging and removal of tags
for products being held and released.
- Assess inbound damaged finished goods for ability to re-box and
return to stock; physically re-box and salvage when possible, and
keep accurate data for product that has been processed using
Catalyst, SAP, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Communicate with divisional partners to determine disposition
for stock on hold, investigate damaged goods with transportation
problem ticket team when appropriate.
- Assist QC Inspector with stock checks, recall stock checks,
deviations, relabels, product rework, pedigree verification, and
other projects as assigned.
- Maintain working/reporting relationships and communication with
branch personnel and divisional partners.
- Operate powered material handling equipment to pull material
down from racking and put away as necessary. Equipment will include
reach truck, order picker, and others.
- Assist with item adjustments in Catalyst system and other
inventory related functions as assigned. Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Work Experience
- Previous experience with powered warehouse equipment Knowledge
/ Skills / Abilities
- To perform core functions of the position must have the ability
to perform basic math (addition and subtraction).
- Entry level skill in Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word
- Position also requires:
- Sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time,
with frequent bending and kneeling.
- Close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to
- Working in hot and cold environments, (32F - 95F), and at
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work may be performed at heights.
- Frequent bending and kneeling.
- May be required to travel from state to state for training or
customer visits. PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience demonstrating understanding of FDA/QSR/ISO14551
- Experience demonstrating knowledge of ANSI/ASQCZ1.4-current
- Prior experience in warehouse environment.
- Previous quality control experience in a regulated industry
Keywords: Medline Industries, Inc., Southaven , Quality Material Handler -Day Shift, Southaven, MS, Professions , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!