Safety & Continuous Improvement Leader
Company: Owens & Minor
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare
process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US
and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated
technologies, products and services across the full continuum of
care. Customers-and their patients-are at the heart of what we
do.Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare,
and our success starts with our teammates.Owens & Minor Teammate
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global
companyJob SummaryThis Leader will be responsible for maintaining
regulatory compliance in the distribution center across all
functions, ensure training records are current and bridge any gaps
within safety. Lead team of safety coordinators so that they are
accountable for all things safety as the front line of interacting
with new and existing teammates. Works closely with all functions
in the facility to support and improve operations, including
troubleshooting process issues, updating process documentation and
the creation of standard work. Assists with continual improvement
projects around the facility to eliminate waste and improve
operating performance. These events may be in the form of Kaizen
- Provides proactive feedback to Operations Supervisors,
initiating management coaching, teammate performance feedback,
individual performance feedback, and corrective actions where
- Works with Operations leadership to develop and execute
initiatives to improve DC metrics that drive financial
- Leads the achievement of DC or functional Key Performance
Indicators in the areas of Safety, Quality, Productivity, and
- Oversees all customer service for the DC or functions,
resolving issues relating to service quality, pick pack and ship
requirements, and deliveries. Coordinates with local Account
Management team, and Corporate Operations as needed.
- Enforces DC adherence to company developed SOP's / WI's for
warehouse management and transportation.
- Monitors and reports performance of DC or functions,
implementing root cause analysis to consistently work towards
improving teammate relations, customer quality, and operational
- Oversees DC or functions' succession planning, identifying,
attracting, developing, coaching, and retaining talent.
- Ensures adherence to all regulatory requirements regarding
scheduled drugs, hazardous material, dating merchandise, storage
requirements and reporting agencies (DOL, DEA, FDA, OSHA, etc.).
Acts as the Designated Representative (DR) for the DC where
required by licensing and compliance laws / regulations.Qualifying
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- 1 to 3 years of professional supply chain or warehouse /
- Previous supervisory, leadership, planning, communication,
organization, and people motivation experience highly
- In depth knowledge of supply chain management, logistics,
distribution, and/or warehouse management best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills with an
ability to lead, coach and mentor all levels of teammates.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an
ability to influence senior level management.
- Experience with Safety initiatives in previous roles.
- Proven ability to analyze and conclude; ability to Continuous
Improvement methodologies and to standardize processes across
multiple sites and functions.If you feel this opportunity could be
the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.Owens &
Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any
other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or
Keywords: Owens & Minor, Southaven , Safety & Continuous Improvement Leader, Professions , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!