Manager Supplier Food Safety & Product Specifications Compliance
Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Manager Supplier Food Safety & Product Specifications
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
The Manager Supplier Food Safety Compliance role exists to provide
support to Stratas supply chain to develop, maintain and inspect
all aspects associated with supplier ingredients and packaging
materials food safety compliance. This function is also responsible
for managing the product specification process, customer
specifications assessments and plant variance resolution
This role is a key enabler for Stratas to achieve industry leading
Shortening, Oils, Mayonnaise, Sauces, and Dressings
commercialization products placement.
The Manager- Supplier Food Safety Compliance is a mid-level
Corporate Quality Assurance position responsible for ensuring food
safety compliance by our ingredient and packaging suppliers.
Key responsibilities: Subject matter expert to manage and grow the
approved supplier documentation process. Specifically, manage the
approved supplier process, shepherd the raw material change
process, input and lead supplier score card reporting aspects,
develop and maintain the means to meet FSMA and Foreign Supplier
Verification requirements, develop and maintain the approved
supplier list that include 24 contact name and phone number.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and Maintain Stratas Approved Supplier Ingredients /
Packaging Portfolio by Risk
- Identify high risk raw materials
- Utilizing PCQI tools, perform and maintain current risk
assessments for raw materials
- Collaborate with Stratas Supply Chain to obtain and review
required documentation specific to the supplier and raw
- Keep portfolio up to date per our supplier approval program.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- GFSI audit
- TDS / Specification
- FDA Registration
- Provide Stratas Supply Chain with quality and food safety data
to support supplier score cards The internal review of compliance
to timely documentation submissions well be assessed as compliant,
conditionally compliant or disqualified.
- Communicate supplier and / or raw material changes to corporate
and plant quality to ensure alignment between what is approved to
purchase and what will be purchased to ensure alignment between
procurement, Plant QA, Ops receiving and production resources
2. Lead the Qualification Process for Supply Chain Procurement of
New and / or Alternative Ingredient Suppliers
- Collaborate with RDI to align on raw material specifications
and Stratas technical expectations.
- Ensure that Stratas meets the expectations of FSMA and Foreign
- Document and report findings via development of a Stratas wide
information portal either on TEAMS or through Sharepoint or an ERP
supported QMS program.
3. Audit High Risk Ingredient Suppliers to Ensure Compliance to
Written Standards Develop an ingredient audit tool based on BRC and
SQF or another robust third party source
- Conduct risk assessments against defined criteria for food
safety, food fraud, and regulatory compliance and performs facility
audits, when applicable.
- Issue findings to the suppliers to drive corrective actions if
- Determine compliance ready state based on audit
- Communicate approvals, conditional approvals and
disqualification status to Supply Chain procurement functions in a
- Required to provide support during 3rd party inspections in
explaining Stratas Approved Supplier Program.
4. Manage the product specification process, customer specification
assessments and plant variance resolution process.
- Partners with RDI and Sales to match the correct specification
to the correct product need.
- Aligns with RDI and Sales when customers and / or prospects
have proprietary needs
- Work with Plant QA to reviews and approve customer
- This group serves as the primary contact site to manage the
plant variance process resulting in disposition when either
ingredients or products do not meet specification.
Education: BS and equivalent Industry Experience.
Related Experience: Minimum of 5 years Quality Assurance experience
in an ingredient or consumer packaged goods company. Experience in
shortening, margarine, mayonnaise, sauces, dressings and condiments
Equipment/Software Skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: PCQI
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner
prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of
race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national
origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family
status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status,
and any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Southaven , Manager Supplier Food Safety & Product Specifications Compliance, Professions , Southaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!